Verizon is following in T-Mobile’s footsteps and making it a seamless and free experience to test out its network. With the new eSIM trials, you can start 30 days of service with Verizon to test 5G/4G coverage and performance.
T-Mobile was the first major carrier to launch eSIM experiences in 2021, and Visible which runs on Verizon’s network did the same at the start of 2022.
Earlier this month, AT&T’s Cricket Wireless joined in the fun, and today Verizon officially launched free 30-day eSIM trials (via The Verge).
As a refresher, other than the instant and easy setup, one of the biggest benefits of eSIM trials is that you can see the signal for both your current carrier and the one you’re testing with simultaneously.
You can decide to continue using your existing carrier number and phone calls while on your cellular data trial.
How to try Verizon for free with eSIM
Free trial features and requirements
- Keep your current service and number while you’re able to test Verizon
- Completely free with no credit card or credit check required
- 30-day trial with 100GB of 5G/4G data plus unlimited calls and texts
- You must have a compatible iPhone or Android smartphone with an eSIM (iPhone XS and later)
- Your smartphone must be unlocked
- You must be in the United States and have not taken a Verizon Test Drive within the last 12 months
For a closer look at Verizon vs T-Mobile vs AT&T and more, check out our full guide:
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: