iPad Mini owners have some charging issues with the device, and sometimes the device doesn’t detect that the charger or another USB-C accessory is plugged in.
This has now been released in the latest iPadOS 15.6 software update released by Apple. The software was released this week with IOS 15.6, watchOS 8.7, and macOS Monterey 12.5.
Here are the release notes for the software update:
iPadOS 15.6 includes improvements, bug fixes, and security updates.
– The TV app adds the option to restart a live sports game in progress and pause, rewind or fast forward
– Fixes an issue where Settings might still show device storage is full even if it was available
– Fixes an issue that could cause braille devices to slow down or stop responding when navigating text in Mail
– Fixes an issue in Safari where a tab might go back to the previous page
– Fixes an issue where the iPad mini (6th generation) could not detect the charger or other USB-C accessory
Issues with charging and third-party accessories only seem to affect the latest iPad Mini, and an update has now resolved the issue.
You can install the new iPadOS 15.6 software update on your iPad Mini by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your device.
Filed Under: Apple, Apple iPad