Apple first launched free embossing with the second generation AirPods in 2019 and expanded options to include emoji in early 2020.
If you go to Apple’s website to order a new pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro, you’ll see the option to personalize them with an engraving. This includes the ability to use over 40 emoji, letters of the alphabet, or numbers.
However, along with the AirPods Pro 2, Apple has added the ability to engrave your AirPods with Memoji exclusively through the Apple Store app.
How to engrave your AirPods with Memoji
- Open the Apple Store app (Install from the Appstore).
- Find AirPods or AirPods Pro.
- near the top, under Personalize it for freeJournalism Add an inscription.
- Click on Text Box > Now Click on the tab memoji Right above the emoji
- Choose allow pass
- You can now choose from your existing Memoji or create a new one.
- click Memorizes in the upper right corner when you decide
- Scroll down and buy custom AirPods
Apple allows you to use 29 different Memoji expressions. You can also choose between the included animals, create a new animal, or choose an existing custom Memoji.