If you are wondering how you can manage contacts on your Apple iPhone or via your Apple account, then this quick guide will show you how to delete contacts on iPhone as well as manage access to your contacts on all your Apple devices. Apple has made it very easy to change what is shown in the Contacts app when viewing your network as well as when removing unwanted contacts and more.
How to delete contacts on iPhone
It is worth noting that when you delete a contact, it permanently deletes it from your device, this also applies if you delete a contact from your email account, it will also permanently delete the contact from all device requests that are signed in to your Apple ID your e-mail account.
1. To delete a contact from your iPhone, simply open the Contacts app and search for the contact you wish to remove.
2. Tap the Edit button then scroll down and select Delete Contact.
3. Apple will ask you to confirm your request to delete contacts from your iPhone, just confirm your choice to make my action permanent.
View your contacts in different ways
Apple also provides different ways for you to sort and display your contacts, for example alphabetically, by last name, or first according to your preference.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone
2. Select the Contacts section under Settings and choose from the following to display your contacts as you like.
– Short name: With this you can choose how your contact’s name appears in apps such as email, messages, and phone.
– Display order: As the name suggests, this will display the contact’s first name before or after the last name and again depends on your preference.
– Sort order: allows you to sort your contacts alphabetically by first name or last name
Choose the default contacts account
If you have multiple email accounts on your iPhone, Apple allows you to choose the default account you want to add new contacts to. This is completed by going to Settings > Contacts section on your iPhone and choosing the default account from the list of accounts you currently have on your iPhone.
Disable contacts for an account
In addition to being able to choose the default contacts account, you can also disable and turn off contacts on certain accounts, just go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts and select the account you wish to disable. Once you view the account, you will notice that there is a slide button next to each section of that account, just slide the button to green for contacts and the contacts for that account are no longer available on your iPhone. Here you can also delete the entire account if desired using the option at the bottom.
Share your contacts in email
If you are sending emails but cannot see your contacts from the main Contacts app on your iPhone. You can simply set up your email accounts to share your iPhone contacts if desired. Just follow the instructions below:
1. Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts and then select the option to add an account.
2. Select the service you have an account with or simply click another to set up a contacts account, such as an LDAP or CardDAV account. Apple will then prompt you to enter your password and login information to make the connection.
If you have unwanted calls or messages, you’ll be glad to know that Apple has made it easy to block contacts. We have created a quick guide that will take you through the process of blocking contacts on your iPhone making sure that you will never have to receive any unwanted text messages or calls from them again. But don’t worry if you need to unblock a contact, it’s just a process to reverse the process. For more information about managing contacts on your iPhone and other features, go to the official Apple Support website.
Filed under: Apple, Guides, Top News